Skip to main content

I am a DS Admin for my university. I am wondering the best way to give someone a developer account using our corporate emails if possible. I am completely new to the DS admin role. We have some employees who are utilizing the DS developer accounts through their personal email addresses (ex:gmail). 

Hello, @morgancouch 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

In general, a company or in this case an University can do this:

1. Someone creates a Dev account as DS Admin (by default for a new dev account)
  2. Such Admin creates the other users to the employees using their corporate or personal emails
  3. Thus, the Admin will have control over the account’s users with everything centralized
  4. Later, the Admin or users can download templates from Dev then import in Production if needed

As an Admin you can go in the Settings page, Users and Groups, click users then start creating new users under the account.

Let me know if I answered your question.

Best,

Alexandre 

Alexandre, 

How do I go create the Developer Account? Sorry for being blunt on this, still working on learning DocuSign. 

@morgancouch - You can go here a sign up for a DocuSign Dev Account. https://developers.docusign.com/get-started/  Click on Developer Account → Create Account.

If the employees are already using personal email addresses for their developer accounts, you can request them to switch to using their corporate emails.  There is not really a way to stop them from creating a Dev account with their personal email. 

@morgancouch - You can go here a sign up for a DocuSign Dev Account. https://developers.docusign.com/get-started/  Click on Developer Account → Create Account.

If the employees are already using personal email addresses for their developer accounts, you can request them to switch to using their corporate emails.  There is not really a way to stop them from creating a Dev account with their personal email. 

John -- What if they have a regular DS account with their corporate email? Can they still convert the email from the personal to the corporate email address and it still work? 

@morgancouch - Yes, that can happen too.   Not sure if by regular DS account you mean an external account not tied to your enterprise account.  That is a user that is using their corporate email address on a account that is not part of the accounts in your domain.   You can run a report for that. 

Are you using Organization Administration to manage your accounts? They could add their corporate email account to the Dev external account if you have not Prevented unmanaged signups.  

Each scenario is a little different, so it’s important to know all the details.  

Hi @morgancouch,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!