Skip to main content

I can see in the settings that you can check "Prevent users from forwarding" but this is not checked so users should be able to forward.

Appreciate all the help i can get to solve this issue.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that the option to "Forward" completed documents is not enabled in your account even though the option "Prevent users from forwarding" is disabled.

This can be due to the account having Standard-Based Signature (SBS) enabled, unfortunately, it will never work even if the option shows disabled for you and is editable in Settings, as SBS is a tamper seal signature type, which prevents any changes done to an envelope after completion as this would be considered as tampering, hence not supported with forwarding. Does your account have this feature enabled?

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hi

I am unable to find this Standard-Based Signature (SBS) setting. Can you help me find it?

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

You can tell if this feature is enabled by creating an envelope and when adding the recipient and selecting the customize option you have the option to select a signature type: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=xcm1643837555908&topicId=lnr1578456564858.html&_LANG=enus

This feature can not be disabled from the user side, you would need to contact Customer Support if you do not see these options then it could be that the forward feature is just not enabled on the account, and you would also need to contact Customer Support for assistance: https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you’re not able to open a Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down the page to “More Support Options” and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." You will have different options to contact Support.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

I can see the options.

I will contact the customer support.

Thank you so much for the help.

Have a great day,