Skip to main content

I'm new to using DocuSign for templates. My issue is that I'm creating a template for members of the department to complete, many of the fields will be answered in paragraph form. I'm using the "Text" field but in order to get the characters to show, I have to expand the box.. which is fine. However, when I do it in edit form, it looks normal but when I go to test it, the boxes are way bigger and covering the questions. Am I using the wrong field?

I do not think you are using the wrong field. Using Templates can take some testing and processes to get exactly right. A few tips would be to limit the characters in a text box. At the maximum 4000 characters, by default, it can cause the text box to expand outside its border, depending on the size set. So limiting can keep the text boxes from flooding into other areas. Also text size. I always place a text field, change the size of the box, set a limit, then test adding that number of characters and either Send it to myself or use Preview if you have that to see end results.

Thanks! After I posted this, I reworked it about 10 times and it's now at least functional. Appreciate the input, it will just take some getting used to, I suppose.

Hi All,
I am brand new to Docusign.  The main reason I joined was to be able to create a shareable credit card authorization form for our restaurant.  This will be used for booking private events.  For some reason I am having issues with two fillable boxes.  One is for a telephone number and the other is for the expiration date of the card in month/year format.  Can anyone help me get these two text boxes formatted for this?