Skip to main content
Can you revive a void document if other parties are still needing to sign without resending it to everyone?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

I'm afraid not, voiding an envelope cancels all outstanding signing activities.  You cannot unvoid an envelope, once a sender voids an envelope, or if a signer refuses to sign (which voids the envelope), there is no way to reactivate the transaction. 

When you void an envelope, both you as the sender and the recipients who have finished signing or whose turn it is to sign can still access the documents. However, a "VOID" watermark is placed on all pages and no further signing actions by anyone is possible.

If you need to resend the voided envelope you can opt to use our Copy feature. The Copy option clones an envelope to make a copy, which contains all of the same uploaded files, recipients, and signing fields. You can copy any envelope you created that is either in progress, completed, or voided. 

You might find the following information useful:

Void Envelopes

Copy Envelopes

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator