Skip to main content

Watching the video it appears I dont have the "new" button on my home screen that allows you to upload a document.

Hi Adam,

The account administrator defines what permissions each user has in the DocuSign account. One of those permissions is Sending documents. Your admin may have set you up as a Viewer which means you can receive documents, sign them, and manage them from your DocuSign account but you cannot initiate documents to be sent out for signature. Check with your admin if you need to Send documents out for signature.

Regards,

Michael

Another cause could be you have an account that only allows you to receive documents for your signature,

but not create, upload and send new documents to others. You need to buy or get the free trial for one of the licenses in order to send documents yourself. I watched about 4 tutorials and searched everywhere on the pages of my recipient-only account and then finally called and endured the customer support phone wait. They educated me on something that should have been obvious to me but isn't clear on the support pages online.