Skip to main content

Trying to make a form that gets forwarded to a recommender, but either doesn't show the original signer the recommender's signature/attachments OR have the first signer list an email, and once they sign it, it sends the 2nd signer an email explaining they have been asked to provide a recommendation. Is this possible?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

This can be configured with a combination of conditional routing and the "Specify Recipients" action.

You would set up a conditional field in your document that would allow the signer to trigger a "Specify Recipients" that will be configured with their same name and email address.

It will be through this "Specify Recipients" action that your signer will be able to include the recommender's contact details.

For detailed instructions on how to work with these features, see:

Using Conditional Routing

To set up an envelope with a Specify Recipients manager

To summarize, your signing order should end up looking something like this:

1. Signer.
  2. Conditional recipient/ same name and email as the signer.
  3. Reviewer.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Hi,

Also, it is important to note that only certain plans will have access to the settings mentioned in the guides above.

If your account lacks access to Conditional Routing/ Specify Recipients, and you are interested in getting more details on the financial implications of adding the feature to your corporate contract with us, please don't hesitate in creating a support case and your request will be addressed by the concerned team as soon as possible: 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

Or, in the case that you have a personal account with us, feel free to contact our sales team for more details on this topic:

docusign.com/contact-sales

Best regards, 

Hi,

Thank you for this! When I specify recipients, it returns the completed document to everyone. Is there a way the original signer can't see the attachment added by the conditional recipient?

Or, would it be possible to make a powerform that the recommender can complete separate of the original signer? If so, how would I notify the recommender of the need to complete the separate powerform?

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

If you are looking to automate the whole process, you might want to look into implementing our Document Visibility feature.

With Document Visibility, you can limit access to sensitive documents within the same envelope.

You can find more details on this topic, here:

Use Document Visibility to Control Recipient Access

I'd like to let you know in advance that manager recipient types will have access to all documents in an envelope by default. However, you can manually change this behavior by removing their access in the envelope's Document Visibility settings.

If Document Visibility is not a viable option for you, I do agree that having a separate PowerForm being completed by the recommender would be a good way to work around this scenario.

Feel free to let us know if you have any follow-up questions and we will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Thank you again! I did discover that myself. Document visibility doesn't work for Powerforms. Is there a way to make a powerform that would email a specified recipient with a specific email? Such as "John is requesting a letter of recommendation. Please click here to submit it" and it links to a new powerform?

Hi,

This is possible through the Conditional Routing feature.

You could set up a conditional field in your document that would trigger the second document (hidden from the first signer. with Document Visibility) to be sent to the recommender.

Best regards,