Skip to main content

I'm preparing a bulk send, that will be signed both by us and the clients. Is there a way to configure that our signer only needs to complete signature once and it is then applied to all envelopes going to individual clients? Or must they complete each envelope individually?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to the DocuSign Community.

With bulk send, a separate envelope is sent for each entry (recipient row), meaning that you will have separate envelopes, and I'm afraid that you cannot sign multiple envelopes at once as each envelope is considered a different transaction. The recipient will need to open each envelope and manually sign it.

If you want your client's signature to be embedded on the document to send it for signature, I would suggest that you have them sign the base document first, and then proceed to upload the signed document into DocuSign to create the template from that document.

Please keep in mind that we are not able to give any type of legal advice. I would suggest you contact your local council to determine whether and to what extent electronic signatures may be used for your specific use case. 

You might find the following information useful:

eSignature Legality Guide | DocuSign

Bulk Send for Multiple Recipients

Bulk Send Checklist

Bulk Send Best Practices 

DocuSign eSignature: How To Sign a Document

If you believe that you need further assistance, or require the assistance of a live agent, you can always create a Support Case to have a Support agent work with you. 

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport

If you are not able to open a  Customer Support case via the above link, you can scroll  down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue. Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!

Best regards,

Rebeca | DocuSign Community Moderator