Skip to main content

I am an executive assistant and my boss is tired of people sending requests that do not have all of the required ‘tags’ inserted on the document for him to sign. I also need to confirm if everyone required to sign the form has been added. Therefore, I need to review the Signature Tags, Text Boxes and other required DocuSign tags and each recipient’s tags before any of the recipients receive the document to sign. Is this possible?

@Kimmyg I would recommend a few options…

1. Setup a Template for the document if the document is consistently the same for each Recipient(s). The Template can be designed to have the necessary fields and protected so that the Senders could not alter the workflow or the fields.
  2. Require the Senders, via the envelope or the Template to add you into the workflow as “Needs to Sign” or “Needs to View” or “Allow to Edit” and therefore you would be required to take an action before the envelope proceeded. “Allow to Edit” would be the best in my opinion as it allows you to alter or correct the envelope just like the Sender.

Hello, @Kimmyg 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

After creating the envelope, added the document(s), added the recipients, customized the email subject and body, you click Next so you can add all necessary tags for each recipient as you’re doing currently. 

Before click in the Send button, take a look in the top right corner, you’ll see a Preview button. Clicking on it will do a preview for each recipient. You just need to select the recipient then you’ll see all the tags related to that recipient.

See the figures:

Also, I’d like to suggest a Template if you’re sending repeatable envelopes. A template will permit to you use a document as a template, add the recipients, put the fields (tags) in the locations and set other configurations. If you would like to learn how to create a Template, watch this video.

I hope that helps!

Alexandre

What a great Community- and such quick responses. 😀🏆

The suggestion for Templates seems like it could possibly work, if I can lock some tags but l would need to make it where each person preparing the form could choose different people to sign it. But I’ve really never understood Templates and how each sender would attach their own Form that needs to be signed.

Yes, the tags are in the same place, but the forms they are sending us to sign have their own unique information. I guess I could use a Blank Form (with Text Boxes) and make the Sender fill in all of the required fields on the form before they send it out, maybe?

I really like the brainstorming. I just wish DocuSign would give ‘Reviewers’ the ability to see everything - instead of just ‘reading the document attached’. 

I truly appreciate your suggestions. I’ve tried it and I believe it will work. I’m just not sure how I will make certain that people are using my templates instead of just doing it themselves. If you have anyone in the community that is able to send suggestions to the developers, it would be AWESOME to ask them to work on making a Reviewer option to be able to see all of the tags in the documents. 

Thank you again for your time!