Skip to main content

I want to use Auto-Fill to automatically populate subsequent fields with the same info (e.g., enter SSN once and have SSN on following documents filled in). My Data Labels are exactly the same in the subsequent instances of the field, but they are not populating with the original SSN. They are on separate Documents within a single Template, and we are sending the Template out using a PowerForm link. Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi Mariana,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I appreciate you sharing your concern. If your fields that share Data Labels are not auto-populating data across your envelope, then most likely there is a problem with your current account configuration.

This behavior is governed by the "Data Prepopulation Scope" setting offered in Settings> Sending Settings.

If your fields are automatically filled out within a single document only, then you will need to change your selection from "Document" to "Envelope".

Or, if the fields are not populating data at all, you will need to enable the setting and have it set to "Envelope" to ensure that all fields will be filled.

For more details on this topic, see:

Why is Data Replicating in Multiple Fields? Using Data Population Scope

In case you might not be able to see the Data Prepopulation Scope option listed as part of your Sending Settings, the feature might not be included with your plan.

For personal accounts, this option is only included with the following plans: Standard, Intermediate API, DocuSign for Realtors, Business Pro, or Advanced API. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator.

If you are an administrator working with an account owning one of the plans mentioned above but lack access to Data Prepopulation Scope, the setting will need to be enabled by DocuSign Support on the back end in your behalf. Once enabled it will be available on the website's dashboard.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

thank you very much for the detailed reply. You are correct that I was not seeing the Data Prepopulation Scope on our dashboard, so I will follow-up up with DocuSign Support, as we are on the Pro plan. Thank you again!

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

I am glad to hear that the resources shared in my previous comment were helpful.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if I can help with anything else in the meantime and I will lend a hand as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!