Skip to main content

I'm a new assistant manager under the main manger.  I need to see all requests that come into the main manger.  Is there a way to add me so that any request that is sent to the main manager is also sent to me?

Hi,

There's several possible solutions but we need a little more detail on your desired workflow. Do you just want to be notified of the documents sent to the manager or do you need the ability to sign? Would it be one or the other who signs or both? Do you want to receive an email or just be able to access the documents from within DocuSign?

Who is sending the documents - is it an external party sending to you or someone from your organization is initiating the documents and sending out for signature?

Regards,

The specific form we are looking at is a time off request form.  For right now, ideally I do not need to sign the form, I simply need access to be able to view them and look back at the forms.  I would like to be notified but it is not required.  If I need to be given right to sign then we would want it to be one or the other but not both.  I just want to be able to have access to the documents.  The documents are coming from employees.  It is not external.

Thanks for the added details. So a couple more questions: is someone explicitly sending the envelope to the employee to fill out or is it a PowerForm that the employee initiates themselves from an internal web site? If a PowerForm, does the employee have to enter their name and their manager's name before the document is presented for signing (i.e. is the form used by different teams where a different manager needs to review/sign depending on who the employee is)?

Someone is explicitly added for the signing.  We do have an integration with ServiceNow that has made the template much easier, but that is a different bridge to cross later.  For now a user will simply log into docusign, click on the template for HR Leave Request, and then fill out who the signers are.

Great!

Then there are two options:

1. You can change the template to include a new recipient role Assistant Manager who Receives a Copy. When the sender uses the template they will fill in the Employee, Asst. Manager, and Manager recipients' name & email. The Asst. Manager will get an email which grants access to view the document but no action to take. Your template can define the order in which recipients receive the envelope so the Asst. Manager could be made aware even before the Manager signs or after the document is complete.

2. Your account administrator could create a Signing Group that contains both you and the Manager. For the Manager role in the template, the sender would enter the Signing Group as the recipient. Both you and the Manager would get an email notifying you that a document is waiting for signature. Either of you can access the document and sign it. You could default to allowing the Manager to sign unless you know they are unavailable and then you can sign in their absence if needed. But you would still have access to view the documents even if the manager signed them.

Regards.