Skip to main content

1st: Signature order: I'm looking for a way where documents MUST be signed in a " 1st page to Last Page" order. The signor can NOT skip around when signing documents.

2nd: Visibility: This is where a customer signs (say) the first page of an envelope and then a question come up "Do you wish to proceed?" Then page 2 is visible and the customer can continue to sign.

Both the 1 and 2 details have to documented in the envelope history!

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I appreciate you sharing your use case. The first scenario can be tackled through our Field Order feature.

The Field Order parameter is offered as part of the Field Properties menu, available on the right side of the screen after clicking the field to edit.

You can find detailed steps on how to manage your field's properties, here:

Edit field properties

Regarding the second scenario, even though our Document Visibility feature will partially fulfill your need, it will not ask the signer to confirm if they want to continue before displaying the next document, as it will show the next document by default.

Document Visibility allows you to manage document access at the recipient level, and will let you restrict access to sensitive documents in your envelope.

However, this option cannot be related to conditional answers at the moment.

For more details on how to work with Document Visibility, see:

Use Document Visibility to Control Recipient Access

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.  

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. 

Compare eSignature plans & pricing 

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

#1: I understand the "required field" I'm looking for a rule where everything on page one must be signed top to bottom then on to the second page: top to bottom signatures and so on. The sign can not sign page 3 before page 1

#2 - Where is the the "Control Recipient setting?

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

To answer your first question, the way for you to guide through your fields in an orderly fashion is through the Field Order parameter, which allows you to assign a number to your field that represents its place in the workflow.

And, as long as you have enabled Auto-Navigation for your envelopes the application will walk the signer through your fields in the order you have defined.

For more details on how to work with Auto-Navigation, see:

How do I auto-navigate an envelope?

Regarding your second question, I was wondering if you were referring to Document Visibility.

If that is the case, the setting must be enabled by an account administrator in Settings>Sending Settings before it is available to the account users.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!