Skip to main content
Solved

When a document has been signed by everyone it has been sent to, do they get a copy of the final signed document or do I need to download it and email it to them?

When a document has been signed by everyone it has been sent to, do they get a copy of the final signed document or do I need to download it and email it to them?

Any Recipient who is a "Needs to Sign", " Needs to View" or set at the end of the envelope workflow as "Receives a Copy" , gets an attachment of the completed document as long as the functionality is turned on in the DocuSign Account. The Sender also gets the completed email notification with attachment. As noted this feature of the attachment on the completed email notification is a global Account setting under Signing Settings, called "Attach documents to completion email". Any DocuSign Admin can check this setting but if you are the Sender of the envelope and get the attachment, then you can be certain the Recipients are getting it as well.

The one loophole is that any Recipient with a DocuSign Account could turn off the completion email notification, since notifications are set on a per DocuSign User basis.

Thanks, David. Very comprehensive response.

Hi there,

I am trying to check whether this functionality is turned on in my account, but having a hard time finding "Signing Settings".

Basically trying to work out whether the final signed document is automatically sent to all recipients pls?

Many thanks!

David's answer cover the details. I reviewed our Signing Settings by selecting, "Settings" in the header of the Home Page. On the Left Column there is a "Signing and Setting" Main Selection with "Signing Settings" below it, "Sending Settings", and "Email Preferences" with Notify me when: on that page and its selections. I have an administrator permission profile to be able to view and make changes on each.

Thank you and good luck!

Donald

Thanks for getting back to me.

If I follow that path - "Settings" on home page, then "Signing and Sending" on the left column, the only option I have under that is "Custody Transfer". I don't have "Signing Settings".

I don't think I have admin permission though; is it something I should raise with the admin users for our company account?

Good afternoon,

It sounds like this might be the case. You can check with the admin of the account at your company and they might be able to adjust the settings for you.

Take care,

Donald

Will do! Many thanks for your help!

Any Recipient who is a "Needs to Sign", " Needs to View" or set at the end of the envelope workflow as "Receives a Copy" , gets an attachment of the completed document as long as the functionality is turned on in the DocuSign Account. The Sender also gets the completed email notification with attachment. As noted this feature of the attachment on the completed email notification is a global Account setting under Signing Settings, called "Attach documents to completion email". Any DocuSign Admin can check this setting but if you are the Sender of the envelope and get the attachment, then you can be certain the Recipients are getting it as well.

The one loophole is that any Recipient with a DocuSign Account could turn off the completion email notification, since notifications are set on a per DocuSign User basis.

Hi,

“Attach documents to completion email” already on for all users, but for some users sometime some completed envelopes received without attachment and with a link to the document only. how could this happen? what could be wrong?

Thank You.

please step instructions on when a document is signed by all parties - how to retrieve the document. 

thank you