Skip to main content
Solved

When the user tries to login using SSO she gets a message: you cannot be logged in because you are not a member of a group with access. Which setting do I need to change?

• 3 August 2023
  • 7 replies

We have SSO enabled for our account. For the administrators that works fine. I added another user with the standard DS Sender profile. And she cannot login (gets the message regarding the group membership). She is part of a group and has the DS Sender profile attached.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, I understand your user is unable to log in to DocuSign through SSO and is getting an error.

Can you provide a screenshot of the error? What Identity Provider are you using?: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&bundleId=rrf1583359212854&topicId=tue1583359145487.html&_LANG=enus

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the printscreen below.

For the users marked as DS Administrator the SSO (using Azure) works fine. Please find a print screen of the user profile underneath.

A better print screen

Hello, the configuration on the Azure side needed modification. Thanks for the link.

Hello,

Thank you for reaching back.

The error you are getting means that the Identity Provider was configured to restrict who can access DocuSign, and the affected users have not been given the necessary access from the Identity Provider's side. In other words, someone has to log in to the Identity Provider's side and grant these users the correct Group assignment.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello,

Yes, indeed. Thanks for the reply. Issue has been fixed.

Best regards,