Skip to main content
Solved

Shared Access update

• 15 September 2022
  • 19 replies

Are there any comms about why this has changed? My users think they're no longer able to view 'shared envelopes' but actually its how you view them thats changed and I haven't seen notes on why this change has been done. Links in other posts not working.

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

Shared Access' release date was made public back in July. By now the feature has been fully deployed and should be available in your account.

If your users have questions regarding how to navigate this new feature, you can refer them to the guide below:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=rdu1656546423934.html&_LANG=enus

In case you might be looking for steps on how to manage your user's access to each other's envelopes, you can find detailed steps on the process, here:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=pik1583277475390&topicId=wyw1660833684014.html&_LANG=enus

Remember that you are always welcome to create a case and have a Support Expert take a closer look at your setup. 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you are not able to open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support. 

Please click "Select as Best" below if you found the answer to be a valid solution to your issue! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. 

Community Moderator. 

Hello - these links to the directions on how to set up shared access don't seem to work. I'm logged in as an admin but keep getting a "You are not authorized to view this page" message.

Screenshot 2022-09-15 081715Seconding what others have written. This link doesn't work right when users are howling and admins are scrambling. Not DocuSign's finest hour.

I agree, this is not working. I am the admin for our account and yet it says I am not authorized.

I agree - I am getting the 'not authorized' message but I was able to access the page and view the details yesterday. Please advise.

I am also an Admin for our account and get the same exact message. Any direction on this would be great!

I have the same issue - both with users thinking something is broken and with me (as the admin) being unable to access the associated support article(s).

Also, I noticed that I can't access the monthly release notes either. Maybe there's an overall issue with the support site...

I have a user that has legacy shared permission for other users, but is unable to access the "shared" users, even though they are listed on the legacy shared permission. I tried removing then adding again - to no avail.

FYI - I also get the 404 error when trying to access the Administrator instructions and I'm an admin.

Hi,

Thank you for making me aware of this issue.

Brooks' assumption was correct, this was a general issue with our Support Center, which was preventing access to most of our documentation.

Our engineering team was made aware of the situation and this problem should have been fixed by now.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you continue to experience issues at the moment of accessing the links shared in my original response and I will make sure to let the appropriate team know, so it can be corrected as soon as possible.

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. 

Community Moderator. 

One can infer from this thread that DocuSign did a poor job notifying the public and administrators this change was coming and certainly botched the deployment. What I'd like to know (and I didn't see it in the documentation) is if and when envelope sharing will be retired and we'll be forced to make this change. When you have a large group of users sharing envelopes among themselves, setting them all up is a painstaking process. It looks like Shared Access setup is equally painstaking. In my organization's case, we have the added wrinkle of custom code integrating with the DocuSign API to remove sharing settings when a user is deprovisioned. This code would have to be rewritten if envelope sharing were to be retired. Is it possible access to envelope sharing attributes would be removed from the API endpoint before the feature is sunsetted?

Thanks Alejandro R., I hadn't seen the news regarding the release, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the changes when they occur, is there a certain place I should be keeping an eye on for this?

Agreed with Christopher.

Not to mention there's a functionality loss when switching to Shared Access. Things you could do with Shared Envelopes are locked behind and upgrade.

Alejandro R.: The link is not working: https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?bundleId=oeq1643226594604&topicId=rdu1656546423934.html&_LANG=enus. What are people telling their end users?

I agree with both Christopher and Brooks. My question, similar to Christopher. Why did the legacy access not migrate over to the new "version". We have over 10 accounts and within each there is multiple envelope sharing happening. Do I need to go into EVERY account and check every user to see who was sharing with who and then make all the changes manually?

Discovered that until we renew our contract with DocuSign, we can still use the Shared Envelopes (legacy) option and retain the legacy functionality.

DocuSign Legacy

Tania Penny, are you sure we'll lose this functionality upon renewal? That is a key detail that, if true, DocuSign needs to make clear to its customers. Is this something you were told in writing? Can you share with the rest of us what you were told?

I found this chart in “Managing Envelopes for Senders” on the support site. For our company at least we would need to pay extra. You can see the difference if you use the Shared Access option to go to shared envelopes versus using the Shared Envelopes (Legacy) option. Our users are using the Shared Envelopes (Legacy) still. Hope that helps.

cid:image001.png@01D8CF5B.854FC240]

cid:image005.png@01D8CF5B.856D0E40]
Tania Penny
Senior Analyst, System Support
SaskEnergy
800 – 1777 Victoria Ave | Regina, SK S4P 4K5
p. 306.777.9564 | c. 306.551.4979
tpenny@saskenergy.com | saskenergy.com

@Tania Penny​ unfortunately your images didn't come through. Thanks for the attempt.

@Alejandro Ramos​ as this thread seems to have become a resource for confused/disgruntled DocuSign administrators, can you please state for the record:

1. If/when the legacy envelope sharing functionality will be retired for *all* customers
  2. If the legacy envelope sharing functionality will be removed when a customer renews their contract as Tania suggested
  3. If DocuSign is considering releasing a Shared Envelopes to Shared Access migration tool to simplify our lives?
  4. If the DocuSign REST API will continue to support modifications to envelope sharing settings so long as the legacy functionality exists
  5. If the DocuSign REST API exposes the new Shared Access functionality so that when we migrate to Shared Access we can continue to use the API to automatically remove sharing settings when we downgrade or close a user account