Skip to main content
Question

Orange error message work item does not exist or you do not have access to it.

• 12 March 2024
  • 2 replies

I have been getting this message on a document in my tasks when trying to send out for review and counterparty review. When I click on the document it says work item does not exist or you do not have access to it.

Please help I do not understand why this is happening. what can I do in order for this not to happen again to other documents. Also, is there a way to fix this.

Some documents have worked fine.

Also, what is the difference between sending out for external review vs counter party review.

Thank you

Hi! Thank you for using the Docusign Community! 

It’s tough to determine the exact cause for this error message without more details. However, I can confidently say this error typically means that the work item has already been completed by someone within CLM. Are multiple users assigned the task? If so, perhaps someone else is completing before you. For example, if you received a notification of a new task and try to access the task from the notification, then you will see this message if someone completes before you.

However, you should not continue seeing the task from the Tasks page if it’s already been completed. Try refreshing your browser window to see if the task disappears. If you are continuing to see the Task from the tasks page, there could be issue with the workflow so check with your CLM admin that the workflow is configured properly at this point. 

This message could also mean that you’ve been assigned the task but do not have the correct security access to the document itself. Please check with your CLM admin to verify the permissions on the folder where the document resides. 

Hope this gives you some good troubleshooting options to move forward from here!

As for your question “What is the difference between sending for external review and counter party review”, to me, these are the same. The terminology in CLM is “Send for External Review”. When you send for an external review, you are sending to the counterparty for their review and are allowing them to make changes to the document before sending it back into CLM.

Hope this helps! 

Kelly 

The task might have been assigned to somebody else or already completed.