Skip to main content
Question

Contract Review Count

• 23 August 2024
  • 5 replies

[en]

Hi everyone

I have the following use case. Our team needs to identify how many times the same contract has gone through legal review. What happens, in fact, is a kind of looping; for example, the contract goes to external review and then returns to legal, and what they need is this count.

Therefore, I would like to ask for your help on how we could assist the team.

[pt]

Oi pessoal.

Estou com o seguinte caso de uso. Nosso time precisa identificar quantas vezes o mesmo contrato passou pela revisão do jurídico. O que acontece, na verdade, é uma espécie de looping; por exemplo, o contrato vai para a revisão externa e depois volta para o jurídico, e o que eles precisam é dessa contagem.

Sendo assim, eu gostaria de pedir a ajuda de vocês sobre como poderíamos atender ao time.

Hello @Guilherme Duarte 

Welcome to the DocuSign Support!

You can do that via creating a variable and use the c# expression to catch the count. 
For Example:
Variable Name = Legal_Review_Completed
C# = int.Parse(GetVariableValue("Legal_Review_Completed"))+1;

hope this helps

Hi @Pawan Gangwani 

Thank you for your response.

It didn’t work; the CLM returns: 

“Couldn't update variable 'Legal_Review_Completed': Did not parse ' int.Parse(GetVariableValue("Legal_Review_Completed"))+1' successfully: Failed to execute expression: Input string was not in a correct format”

Hello @Guilherme Duarte 

Are you using the “Choice” step for “Legal Review” as you said document come back to legal.

it worked now.
I used the following expression:

int n = int.Parse(GetVariableValue("Legal_Review_Completed"));

n++;

return n;

thanks for your help!

it worked now.
I used the following expression:

int n = int.Parse(GetVariableValue("Legal_Review_Completed")); n++; return n;

thanks for your help!

That’s great @Guilherme Duarte , Happy to know that it worked. I will noted it down for later use.
Thanks for sharing it here!