Solved

We are trying to integrate DocuSign with our Workday tenant. Currently, we setup a special user account for Workday. Is that a best practice or is there a better way?

• 21 October 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
We are trying to integrate DocuSign with our Workday tenant. Currently, we setup a special user account for Workday. Is that a best practice or is there a better way?
icon

Best answer by Community Expert 22 February 2021, 23:21

View Original

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

We are in the same situation now. What did you end up doing?

Thanks,

Mette

Userlevel 2

As I indicated, we had to setup a special user account in DocuSign for Workday. I followed up with DocuSign support and they seem to indicate that is how to do it, etc. Then, the credentials for that special DocuSign account are entered on the Workday side, etc.

Userlevel 2

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I have a hard time finding documentation on how to manage this - if this should be a special account with admin rights. But it seems to be the way.

Userlevel 1

Yes, it needs to be a special account with admin rights. My understanding of the reason for the special account is that you don't want it to be an account that someone logs into because then the password will expire which we create an issue on the workday side. Unfortunately, I don't really know the setup on the workday side since our implementation consultant did that piece, etc. Good luck!

Userlevel 2

Thanks for elaborating, Kim!

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Does it have to be a DS Admin account? We have a special account for this in DocuSign, but we don't want that to be a DS Admin account as our HR department has access to this DocuSign account (they own it) and we do not want them to be Admin in DocuSign.

In Workday Sandbox tenant we Authenticated DocuSign with a DocuSign account that is DS Sender, and it worked. However, if we test in Workday Sandbox, we stil the envelopes ending up on the Account we authenticated with toward our production tenant of Workday. This is a personal DocuSign account, set up as DS Admin, but we want to change this to the new special account that is "just" DS Sender.

Best,

Frank