Skip to main content
Question

web form phone number field

• 30 July 2024
  • 4 replies

How do you create a cell phone field on the web forms

Hello @cnewson 

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

Yes you can text field and set up a custom REGEX pattern to validate data entered in a text field to only accept a phone number's pattern. there is not a Phone Number standard field you can

One example here 123-123-1234 and (123)123-1234 would be the following:

^(\\(\0-9]{3}\\)|\0-9]{3}-)}0-9]{3}-30-9]{4}$

For more details on how to work with Data Validation and how to set Custom Data Validation, see:

Data Validation for Text Fields

Custom data validation

Thanks!

I typically use a Text field, 12 character limit, with Custom response validation, and using the ^[1-9]\d{2}-\d{3}-\d{4} Regex pattern as we only want phone numbers in the following format ###-###-####. Error message: “Invalid phone number. Please use the following format to enter the phone number: 907-123-1234”.

I hope this helps!

Hello @cnewson 

Welcome to DocuSign Community!

Yes you can create the number field using text field setting the regex expression and providing the custom validation. Phone Number standard field you can set up a custom REGEX pattern to validate data entered in a text field to only accept a phone number's pattern.

An example of this pattern that would validate 123-123-1234 and (123)123-1234 would be the following:

^(\\((0-9]{3}\\)||0-9]{3}-))0-9]{3}--0-9]{4}$

For more details on how to work with Data Validation and how to set Custom Data Validation, see:

Data Validation for Text Fields

Custom data validation

Thanks!

​Hi @cnewson,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested?           

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!