Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a document that requires drawing a circle to indicate option selection for Yes/No question and I’m using C# SDK to create it.

• It has to be drawn before sending to recipients
  • Recipients cannot change this
  • The Yes/No selections are not fixed → must be determined when document is being created

My expected result is like this:

I have not found solution for it. Can you help please?

@minhtran_8181 

In Docusign eSignature you could leverage the checkbox option, which will result in an X when selected and not a drawn circle. The sender of the document can then select the options as needed, setting the fields to read-only, so they cannot be changed by any recipient after creation.

@minhtran_8181

In Docusign eSignature you could leverage the checkbox option, which will result in an X when selected and not a drawn circle. The sender of the document can then select the options as needed, setting the fields to read-only, so they cannot be changed by any recipient after creation.

I can’t use checkbox in this case because it must be a circle as defined by the authority. Do you have another solution? Thanks!

@minhtran_8181

I have not heard of such a requirement over that many years that I am at Docusign and it doesn’t make sense to me. It can be clearly seen which option was selected, it being a circle, an X or something else. If I were you I would speak with the authority to find a solution. Which authority are you referring to?

You could add text fields with an O as value if you really need to put in an actual circle looking shape and position them via AutoPlace. This is more effort though for checking boxes, which is a standard functionality.

Docusign eSignature offers a drawing field, my be used in the described use case.

It’s defined Singapore’s Ministry of Health. If we don’t draw a circle we must fill the selected box with some color (like yellow) otherwise the document will not be accepted.

Why did you jump into conclusion that it doesn’t make sense so early?

Anyway, thank you. Very supportive!

@minhtran_8181 

The drawing field can unfortunately not be made as small as it would be required only to cover the Y and N fields, but I did a quick test for the MCAF, if you want to test the behaviour that you could build.

https://demo.docusign.net/Member/PowerFormSigning.aspx?PowerFormId=79838156-5548-410b-9be4-6cff610dee2d&env=demo&acct=94a23ece-1073-417d-b216-1171c5e405e1&v=2