Skip to main content

On a DocuSign form the recipient is presented with a checkbox group where they can select anywhere from 1 to 5 boxes. There are 8 boxes altogether. I’d like the selected checkboxes to writeback into a single Salesforce field to minimize the number of Salesforce fields on an Opportunity that already has many fields. Any ideas how to make that happen? 

Hello Team,

please be advised that  the writeback functionality for checkbox fields isn't currently supported with DAL, and this aligns with the expected behavior at present. However, I'd like to offer two potential workarounds for this situation:

1. Within your DocuSign Envelope Template, navigate to the Options step and locate the Field Updates section. Here, you have the option to update the field in question based on a specific envelope event. For instance, you can choose to update it when the envelope is completed. (Attached is a screenshot for reference.)

2. Consider using a picklist field instead of a checkbox field. This alternative approach can serve as a workaround for achieving your desired functionality.

These suggestions aim to provide feasible options to address the current limitation regarding checkbox field writeback in DAL.

Best regards,

Sai Hari Priya Dandamudi

Senior Developer Support Engineer

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Hi @cvock,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!