Question

Where do I edit an Envelope in Salesforce after Save and Close?

• 9 February 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

When I create an Envelope on an Opportunity in Salesforce and click the Save and Close button, I can find the Envelope, but I can’t open it to edit and send.

Is there a way to have the saved Envelope write back to the Opportunity it was created from?

And is there a way to open the Envelope and make changes to it before Send?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cmargolis,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble when correcting the envelope you created in DocuSign for Salesforce, and I will share more details on how to accomplish your goal.

Instead of correcting the envelope in Salesforce, try locating it in your DocuSign eSignature user, in Manage>Sent.

You can find detailed steps on how to correct an envelope, here:

Correct an Envelope

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi Alejandro

Thank you for the information.

I have a call with support this afternoon to talk through this. I’d prefer the user not have to leave Salesforce to make changes to a saved/draft Contract if at all possible. It can be too confusing to start a Contract in Salesforce and log into another platform later to finish the transaction.

Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cmargolis,

Thank you for following up.

I see how having to correct your envelopes in eSignature could add extra steps to your workflow.

It is good to hear that you have created a support case for this scenario, so your feedback can be escalated as a suggestion to our engineering team as well.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Badge

Did you figure out to accomplish this directly in Salesforce?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @cranelakeconsultingllc,

Thank you for following up.

Correcting an envelope is not possible from within the DocuSign for Salesforce integration.

This process must take place within DocuSign eSignature in Manage>Sent. Nevertheless, feedback that can improve our users’ experience is always welcome. I encourage you to consider submitting your idea to be reviewed by our development team for possible implementation. If you’re a DocuSign Administrator for a corporate plan, you have the additional option of filing your request through a support case, or by reaching out to your Account Team. We invite you to share your product suggestions and feature requests on our dedicated ideas page (https://community.docusign.com/ideas), where we can collaborate to shape the future of our product together.

Best regards,  

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!