Question

State Field from Salesforce not bringing over values to template

• 21 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi, 

I have a merge field that is a State picklist field in Salesforce. I am trying to add that field to a template, however none of the values are being pulled over and it won’t let me save the template because it says “One or more of the dropdown fields doesn't have any options.”  I would assume that because this is mapped to Salesforce it would bring over all of the salesforce values. 

Is this incorrect? Am I to maintain both the salesforce picklist values AND DocuSign picklist values separately? Or am missing something in setting of of these fields. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @etemkin,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I am sorry to hear that your picklist is not automatically populating its values in your merge field, but I will help get to the bottom of the issue.

I would suggest starting to troubleshoot by ensuring that your checkbox group allows only one answer both in Salesforce and DocuSign. At this moment multi selection groups are not supported by the Merge Fields feature.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hello @etemkin,

What are the relationships of your objects? For example the default Contact Roles Related List from an Opportunity would look like: Opportunity > OpportunityContactRoles > Contact  > Mailing State. In this example, I had to map it like so:

If within your related list has another lookup reference to the standard Contact object, you have to reference it first. Merge Field documentation HERE.

For your environment, can there ever be more than one Primary Billing Contact? If not, I would recommend just using a Contact lookup field on your Opportunity instead. If there can be more than two referenced, you may run into a different issue and that’s to make sure to pull the State field of the appropriate contact. DocuSign does not have a way to filter between records. It tends to always pull the data in the first row of the table. If filtering is a large requirement, that’s when Document Generation can be very useful. Hope this helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi @etemkin,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Badge +1

Thank you. I think it has to do with the fact that I am using the native address fields in Salesforce and the State picklist doesn’t actually live on the Contact object. It is managed as apart of the State and Country/Territory Picklists. Silly they would allow us to select it even though it isn’t a field.