Skip to main content
Solved

Lookup to case from case contact (custom object)

• 2 July 2024
  • 7 replies

We have a standard DS button on cases for HIPAA verification and Related list to case which is Lookup to case from case contact (custom object). The issue is when configuring Recipient under relates list feature of DS I’m not able to limit the choice for sender to choose from case contact (a related list/lookup to case) Instead I’m getting all the org email ids to choose from which I don't want. I want users to send/choose from document to only related case contact object.

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Manoj Baldaniya ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

My apologies, I don’t think I fully understand your issue. You are setting up a Related List but you are looking for an option to have the sender select the case contact, is that correct?

If so, can you provide the version of the package you have installed? Quick finds > Installed Packages.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Badge +1

Hi Nathaly,

What ever you have understood is correct and version is 6.7.

This is custom button button code just for you reference:{!URLFOR(IF($Site.prefix == '/s','/apex/dfsle__sending', $Site.Prefix +'/apex/dfsle__sending'), null, [sId = Case.Id, contactId = Case.ContactId])}

May be this could be the reason for the issue: ContactId  as this is standard  object where as we are using custom object ‘CaseContact’ (API:Relevant_Case_Contact__c)

When I tried to use this code it is giving syntax error

{!URLFOR(IF($Site.prefix == '/s','/apex/dfsle__sending', $Site.Prefix +'/apex/dfsle__sending'), null, [sId = Case.Id, contactId = Case.Relevant_Case_Contact__c])}

Scenario is if a particular case has 4 related case contact then user should able to click DocuSign button then choose right template then should ONLY able to choose from those 4 related case contact as recipient of DocuSign. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Manoj Baldaniya ,

Thank you for reaching back and apologies for the delay. 

I’m currently working on your issue with a colleague, so the sID and the contactID in the URLFOR button must match which is why it is not working and throws an error. As far as the actual issue, do you have a screenshot of what the recipients look like when pulled into the envelopes?

Best regards,

Badge +1

Hi Nathaly, 

When I click on send with DocuSign button following screen appears also I’m still not clear about you mentioning sID and the contactID must match with whom?

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Manoj Baldaniya ,

Thank you for reaching back and for the images.

We have found the following:

1. The code you are using is published from a DET, using apex/dfsle__sending, code which should not be altered. Rather, if you would like to change the behavior of that button you should be editing it in the DET via the user interface.
  2. Related List and Lookup options for adding recipients only work with Salesforce Contact/User and potentially Lead objects. They don't allow you to pull from Custom Objects used for contacts/recipients. If this were the contact object though, the Related List option would allow you to use Filters to specify the recipients of choice.
  3. You could potentially leverage the By Role option with Merge Fields but this won't work for Related Lists, since the relationship is 1:many, Docusign wouldn't know specifically which recipients information to add to the envelope. Hence the filtering options in point (2) above.
  4. You could create a custom coded URLFOR button and leverage the  CRCL parameter, but again with a related list, it will pull all records unless you build in some complexity with IF() functions, However, this isn’t in Supports scope.  Note the editable code using /apex/dfsle_CustomEnvelopeCreation NOT /dfsle__sending, in the documented examples
  5. Another option, is to create your own coded apex class that pulls in recipients with the Apex Toolkit: https://developers.docusign.com/docs/salesforce/apex-toolkit-reference/recipientservice.html -- which will give you additional flexibilities

Best regards,

Badge +1

Just one more question here is 

FOLLOWING MERGE FIELD ARE NOT WORKING in template body I’m trying to get case number dynamically in each template. now we have button on case contact object (custom) and NOT on case case contact and case has lookup relationship.

{!Relevant_Case_Contact__c.Case.CaseNumber}.

[[Data: Case__c]]

{! Relevant_Case_Contact__c.Case.Thread_Token}

{!Case.Thread_Token}

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hello @Manoj Baldaniya ,

Thank you for reaching back.

The syntax is salesforce specific, not Docusign. And we can’t help provide guidance without knowing the exact object mapping of how the data is related to your source object.

Also, are you trying to pull in those details into an email subject or email body message? That’s the only place that merge field syntax would work in the context of eSignature For Salesforce.

Best regards,