Skip to main content

Dears,

I’m using Document custom fields as Drop down in DocuSign gen template. My requirement is only send should be allowed to select the picklist values and for the recipients it should be read-only. Is it possible to achieve this, if yes, what should be Auto place text and anchor tags to be used. Appreciate help. Thanks. 

Hi @pradeep.kotegar,

Welcome to the DocuSign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to set your document custom field as read only, and I will share more details on the topic.

In this case you would want to manage this behavior within the document custom field properties in eSignature>Settings>Document Custom Fields, by enabling the Read Only option in your custom field.

This will keep the field locked for the recipient, while allowing the sender to still pick an option during the envelope creation process.

For more details on how to manage your custom fields, see:

Edit Custom Fields from Documents

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @pradeep.kotegar,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

Hello, Pradeep

You got the answer from Alejandro. 

I’d like to add something about your question: what should be Auto place text and anchor tags to be used.

The answer may vary. You can create an Auto place text using a word or words, phrase, symbols in the way you think is better to you remember their purpose. In general, the best practices is to use abbreviated words together symbols to make you text ancho different from any other word in your contract, however you can use an entire phrase from your document to be  an Anchor text too.

There is a more advanced use of Auto Place feature:

For example, as Auto place text created as: /signer{r}/  means if your document has a anchor tag as: /signer1/ then the Sign here or any other field you have used in the document will be the first recipient (signer) in your signing order. So, an anchor as /signer2/ will be for the second recipient(signer) in your signing order and so on. 

Best,

Alexandre