Skip to main content
Question

Help! QuickBooks unable to connect to a remote server—How to fix!

• 27 June 2024
  • 3 replies

I'm having trouble with QuickBooks being unable to connect to the remote server. This issue started after I changed some network settings on my computer. I've already checked my internet connection and firewall settings, and everything seems fine. Despite this, QuickBooks still can't establish a connection. Has anyone else faced this issue? Any suggestions or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

3 replies

Hey,

QuickBooks unable to connect to a remote server can be frustrating, but there are steps you can take to resolve this issue. Start by checking your internet connection to ensure it's stable and working properly. Next, verify your firewall and antivirus settings to ensure they are not blocking QuickBooks from accessing the internet. If everything seems fine, try restarting your computer and router to refresh network connections. It's also helpful to update QuickBooks to the latest version available, as updates often include fixes for connectivity issues. If the problem persists, consider contacting QuickBooks support for further assistance and troubleshooting tailored to your specific setup.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@Markjones986

What  network settings did you change?

Make sure that you are using the latest version of QuickBooks. Updates often include bug fixes and improvements.

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @Markjones986,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.