Skip to main content

At our organization, we have two separate DocuSign accounts (different admins, different software versions) but we exist on the same server so we can transfer users across if they transfer from one work area to another.

One work area (eSignature Account A) wants to leverage SharePoint connector for their work in our organization’s enterprise SharePoint solution.  Everyone uses this enterprise SharePoint environment regardless of which DocuSign account for eSignatures they use.

Can the connector’s environment be configured for the organization versus one or the other of our eSignature accounts? If a client of eSignature Account B for example asks to leverage the DocuSign connector, can it work for them knowing eSignature Account A is already set-up to use the DocuSign connector?

The goal is to configure DocuSign connector for SharePoint’s environment once for anyone in either DocuSign accounts to leverage.  There is a good chance I misunderstand but I have the impression the environment is configured not by a SharePoint Site Admin but a Tenant Admin. So it is not configurable by site.

Does this make sense? Can someone weigh in on this use case and if it is possible?  Oh, another wrinkle is Account A is BusinessPro version, Account B is Enterprise Pro.

Thank you!

Hello @Donna Sevigny ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

The Docusign for SharePoint connector isn't account specific. The user authenticates with their own Docusign account each time they use the integration, in other words, they can pick what account to use: Docusign for SharePoint

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Thank you Nathaly. I want to confirm if your response applies to MS SharePoint since the link you provided is for MS Dynamics?

I was informed the IT person handling the configuration of the account settings for the DocuSign SharePoint integration is being asked to specify a DocuSign “environment”. 

Copied from DocuSign article - Account Settings for DocuSign for SharePoint

• Environment: Specifies the Docusign environment to use. Changing environments is useful for testing or demonstrating the app before going live in the Docusign production environment. The default is Production.

I am more optimistic after your post though.  It sounds like the person trying to sign a document from SharePoint will drive which DocuSign Account they will be directed to and the environment configuration will also determine if the individual should be directed to their production account or demo account if they happen to have both.  Do I have this correct? 

Hello @Donna Sevigny ,

Thank you for reaching back.

My apologies, you can find the correct documentation on the previous post.

Regarding the environments, yes, the user can switch between a demo account and a production account by changing the environment. If they have two accounts in production, they can switch between them by logging in to the one the need (using the production environment). All you would need to do (as an admin) is provide the correct permissions.

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!