Skip to main content

I’ve recently setup DocuSign for SharePoint on a site and turned on the option to “copy metadata”.  I have noticed that when the document is signed the metadata is not being copied.  What am I doing wrong?  I assumed that copy metadata meant that any custom columns in the library that contain metadata on the document would be filled in on the signed version of the document too?  I have the option to Store as a new document on.

Hello @ClaireTun,

Thank you for reaching out to the Docusign Community.

Are you getting an error message? Or any logs?

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific Docusign plans. Your account plan might not support some of the options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan. Compare eSignature plans & pricing.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

@Christopher.Alpizar Am I correct in how I think this metadata setting should work?  I assumed that if I have a column in my doc library called status, and my unsigned documents has a status of approved, the signed copy should also have a status of approved when it’s copied back to the library from DocuSign?

Can you advise which plans the copy metadata option would work on?  I am trying to establish which plan we currently have in our organisation.  TIA

Hello @ClaireTun,

The Copy metadata option copies the metadata from the source document to the completed version when it saves back to SharePoint. The metadata includes any modifications or deletions that occurred after the document was sent. The metadata from the source document does not copy over to the completed version in any of these circumstances:

• Copy metadata is disabled
    • A signer uploaded an attachment to the envelope
    • Multiple documents are selected
    • The Use a Docusign Template action was used
    • The source document cannot be found (for example, if it moved to a new location)
    • An error occurred during copying
    • Columns to hold the metadata do not exist in the source or destination folder
    • The names of the columns to hold the metadata in the source and destination folders do not exactly match

More information at: Account Settings

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.