Skip to main content
Question

DocuSign with Power Automate

• 29 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Good afternoon everyone!

Is anyone here using Power Automate w/ DocuSign?  If so, what are you using it for?  I was asked to look into this and while I think it could work for onboarding employees, that’s really the only scenario I can think of.

Thanks in advance,

Lindsay

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Power Automate can be used at many stages of the document lifecycle. We are mostly using Power Automate after the document is signed. Here are the functionalities we implement:

• Document Storage and Archival
  • Update Records in Databases and CRMs
  • Generate Follow-Up Tasks from other applications
  • Data Extraction and Analysis
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Thank you John, this has been helpful.  I have a few additional questions.  As a background, I’m the DocuSign admin here, but came from IT in Healthcare.  So I understand the IT side really well, I’m still learning the banking side of things.  I apologize if some of these questions are menial.

• Are you archiving the documents in SharePoint or another application?  
  • What are you using as your CRM (we use Salesforce)?
  • What types of fields are you updating with Power Automate?
  • What types of follow-up tasks are you generating and in which apps?

Thanks in advance for your help, it’s much appreciated!

Lindsay 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi Lindsay - Happy to help.  I am an experienced DocuSign Admin with nearly a decade of expertise in Financial Services and Staffing.  I currently managing DocuSign integrations and workflows, while actively resolving user issues and optimizing document management processes.

• Archiving completed envelopes in SharePoint and OpenText. I have also used OnBase
  • We use Salesforce too.
  • We update fields such as signer information, status updates, and document metadata.
  • For follow-up tasks, we are generating notifications, reminders, and task assignments in applications like Microsoft Teams, Outlook, and SharePoint.
Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @lcornwell,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!