Skip to main content
Question

User identity verification

• 6 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I have scenario. Bank customer wants to sign agreement. This agreement is created in Docusign. 

Question:

1. How customer can be verified without docusign representative? 
  2. Can bank employee verify and confirm identity? 
  3. Can customer use for example SMS with password/token? 

it’s quite typical situation but we’d like to avoid phone call from this representative each time and replace with bank authority.

Everything will be integrated with Microsoft PowerPlatform

Thanks,

Artur

Hello @artur_zarski ,

Welcome to the Docusign Community and thank you for posting your concerns!

I understand you have some questions regarding validating the Identity of a signer.

Docusign offers several way to identify a signer prior to signing a document: Recipient Identity Verification

With that said, please find below my answers to your questions:

1. Your best options might be Knowledge Base which uses public records to identify the user through questions. The alternative could be ID verifications which requires the recipients to upload a photo of a valid ID to then be verified using the Security details of the document:
    1.  Knowledge Based Authentication KBA
    2. To add ID verification for a recipient
  2. ID Verification can be set for manual approval, meaning that if the recipient uploads their ID, instead of going through a system for verification, the sender can verify it and manually approve it: Manual review options
  3. Their is an option for the recipient to get a code via SMS or phone which is provided to them via a bot: How Phone Authentication Works

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.
Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!

Hello @artur_zarski ,

If you found my response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!