Skip to main content
Solved

HI, does DocuSign allow the use of other digital certificate other than those listed in Accepted Trust Service Providers page.

• 3 August 2023
  • 1 reply

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience, I understand that you want to know if DocuSign allows the use of other digital certificates other than those listed in the Accepted Trust Service Providers page.

I apologize for the lateness in the reply, Signing with a digital certificate is accomplished through the Standards-Based Signatures (SBS) feature. SBS is built to meet legal requirements in various regions, and each country/region has its lists of which types of certificates are valid for a given use case.

For situations where a signer has their certificate (issued by an authority that is trusted in the country/region they live in), Signer-Held SBS is an option. Signer-Held is the "signer brings their own cert" workflow, but that cert must be valid for the region the Signer-Held configuration is designed for. For example, the Signer-Held Brazil configuration will only accept certificates that are issued by authorities trusted by Brazil's regulations.

More information at Sign Documents with Signer-held Digital Certificates.

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in specific DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic. Contact your account administrator for more information about which options are available for your account. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.

Compare eSignature plans & pricing

Let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Christopher | DocuSign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.