Skip to main content

I was just curious at what integrations and workflows other financial institutions are using with DocuSign? We just have a simple Retrieve server that our network staff is working on trying to “smooth” the process of getting completed into Fiserv Director.

We ran into a couple of issues early on where people were more than happy to convert to digital signatures, use MFA (correctly!) and brought DocuSign into their workflows, but ended up not being able to do much automation because of the lack of metadata.

Hello, @BillD-Croghan 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

Our site shows more than 900 integrations. You can select, for example, by industry.

Here the link: https://partners.docusign.com/s/partnerfinder 

You will see Partners and Integrations, click in Integrations.

On the left panel you can select several filters accordingly your needs. 

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

Hi @BillD-Croghan,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful. If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find. Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Thanks @Alexandre.Augusto and @Christopher.Alpizar , I am aware of the many integrations that are available, I was looking to see what other Financial Institutions, especially those in this group, are currently using and have found beneficial.

With financial institutions being highly regulated, we have to be sensitive to who we have integrations with. I was looking for more of a discussion of what other users are using, and not just what is available.

Thanks!

Hi Bill, 

At our institution, we have had a lot of benefit by transitioning away from Retrieve in favor of utilizing DocuSign Connect for transfers to Director.   This removed the manual task of someone having to process it multiple times daily manually and replaced the transfer with an automated process.   

Regarding Director transfers and metadata, our institution templates practically everything routing from our different lines of business in DocuSign, and we require our users to utilize a template when sending documents.  To help automate and “direct traffic” when routing to Director, we assign the DocuSign tags in the template that will be used as Director Keywords with Data Labels that contain their keyword’s name.  EX: “Tax_ID_Number” or “Customer_Name” 

Additionally, each template contains a tag with white text placed over the document’s white background.  The text for the tag is entered as the doc type name in Director, and the data label for this tag is populated as “directordoctypename”  

Our network team has Connect configured to look for the data labels in inbound documents and route to their respective sections appropriately.   In order to ensure documents route to the right places, we provide any data labels and the doc types names to our network team ahead of production environment testing and verify during production testing that docs are arriving correctly into their expected locations.   

This method has its pain points, as it requires DocuSign usages to be more heavily restricted, monitored, and managed, however, it also ensures that docs arrive where they need to and helps us ensure that users in different groups only have access to send the docs they should be able to send based on their role.   

Thank you @C Johnson , this is very helpful actually! I appreciate the feedback.

We are struggling with our integration on both the Director automation, and currently we are working on the LaserPro to DocuSign portion. Compliance wants our documents in a particular order, and LaserPro just wants to spit everything out however it gets it. This is creating issues where the templates we have created are being recognized, and our users are placing initials and signature boxes manually. As you can imagine - sometimes obscuring required required verbiage.

On the plus side - we have streamlined our account opening process using DocuSign, and have found the customer authentication to be a great value-add.

Sure thing, Happy to help!  

@BillD-Croghan , I’m glad you mentioned LaserPro, because we’re just getting into reviewing on how we will integrate with it and I’d love to hear what’s working for you so far with it.  

From what I have seen of our team’s LaserPro UI thus far, it appears as if there is a section titled “esign recipients” and a text entry field for “DocuSign Template Name.”   

Does this setup match your org’s experience with LaserPro?   And if so, is the expectation to just have templates built in DocuSign that the user is calling manually by entering a template name into a text box?  Or is there a way with LaserPro to configure the text box into a dropdown list / or at the very list, build in a reference table of template names that users have to match up to? 

I am not aware of a way within LaserPro to configure the text box to a dropdown list, but we have created DocuSign templates that match all the different document types that we would send to esign.

On the rare occasion that we are sending one document, it matches fairly well. We have had to work with the IDR zones quite a bit to get them to match, but once they are set, it works.

The bigger issue, especially for us in banking, is that there is never just one document going out, and LaserPro support says that they can’t specify the order the documents get “put together.” This has caused some frustration in trying to use the templates, because we have to have them sign the agreements in a particular order. (Signing to agree to use digital signatures prior to digitally signing the loan for example.)

There does seem to be a LaserPro module that might do this, which we don’t have, and I’m not sure we are at the point where we are going to say we have to have it in order to get it to work. It would be nice to have them all in the “correct” order automatically for true “click-to-send-for-signatures,” but we want to make sure that we can at least get them to recognize all the documents and place the fields in all the correct spots first.

I will be working more on this particular part here in the next couple of weeks, so I can update you on my progress. I’m always willing to share - I just wouldn’t rely on me answering the same day for emergencies! DocuSign is just part of what I do, but I will do my best to respond as soon as I can!

Thanks joining the discussion!

@BillD-Croghan I greatly appreciate the info and I appreciate the early warning on the document shuffling and what to possibly expect in matching.  (I’ll keep you posted if we make any discoveries around these issues.) 

We’re hitting another hurdle though, specifically in that LaserPro is requiring an admin level “handshake” between LaserPro and DocuSign in order to grant send on behalf of (SOBO) permissions. 

When your team set up the integration between your institution and LaserPro, was SOBO something you had to solve for?   And if so, did the admin level permission have to be maintained for the integration account?      Needless to say, our security team is a little skittish on having that level of permission granted to a third party!