Skip to main content

Standard text field: After setting a tooltip, the entered value cannot be automatically populated.

The size of the text cannot be adjusted either

@kapu 

The tooltip will only show up during the signing session when the recipient is in that particular field.

If you want to pre-populate the field with a value, you need to add it to the “Add text” box above.

The screenshot looks like you the self-signing experience, when you select “Sign a Document”. This has limited functionality and does not allow for text formatting. It is intended to simply countersign documents without any signature workflow. In this scenario a tooltip is also not required, as you are the only signer.

When you start with “Send an envelope” you will have the text formatting options on the righthand side in the navigation. Then you can also select other recipients that you want to send the document to for signature.

I mean that I added a new text box and set the Tooltip to 'address'.

When I use the API to pass the parameter 'address' to automatically fill in the content of this text box, it doesn't work.

The same settings and configuration are working fine for the ones I added earlier. Additionally, I can't stretch the length and height of the text box when setting the template. It used to work

@kapu

Thank you for the additional context, this wasn’t clear in the initial post.

The API is using the “Data Label” and not the “Tooltip” to pre-fill a field. I suggest to change the name address to something different if this may be reserved. Please try with like “address1” as the data label. It is not relevant if the tooltip has a value is or is empty.