Skip to main content
Solved

Purging documents

• 26 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m testing the API call to add an envelope to be purged.  I have a completed envelope ID from one of our Dev environment.  I’ve been able to successfully change the purgeState from “documents_and_metadata_and_redact_queued” to “documents_dequeued” using the API Explorer from developers.docusign.com  

When I try the same API call from Postman, I’m getting the following error: 

"errorCode": "DOCUMENT_PURGE_FAILED",

"message": "Error adding documents to the purge queue. Only the sender may remove the envelope documents"

I can make other successful calls using Postman.  I’m the same user; that sent the envelope.

Any idea what the issue is in Postman?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to reproduce the same issue. The purgeState changed without issue from "documents_and_metadata_and_redact_queued" to "documents_dequeued" via Postman. The API call I made to update the purgeState is like below:

PUT https://demo.docusign.net/restapi/v2.1/accounts/{accountId}/envelopes/{envelopeId}

{
 "envelopeId": "{envelopeId}",
 "purgeState": "documents_dequeued"
}

I assume the user you used to obtain the access token is different from the sender of the envelope. Please try creating the envelope via Postman and change the purge state of that envelope.

Thank you @Byungjae.Chung.   I figured out what the issue was.  Thank you for looking into it.