Skip to main content
Question

Generate Self-Signing url

• 11 August 2024
  • 3 replies

I have an app where I don't have control over the documents. I need the user be able to add tags and sign documents similar to how it can be done on the DocuSign website. I cannot use auto place tagging as the user might want additional tags. So, checking here to see if it is possible to generate self-signing url via API that allows the signer to add tags as below?

Hi Auser,

I understand that you’re looking for users to be able to add additional tags once an envelope that has been sent to them, along with generating self-signing url via API.

Currently, when sending envelopes, if the sender includes fields before dispatching them, the recipient cannot add any extra fields. However, if the sender does not add fields before sending, the recipient will have the option to include additional fields.

Additionally, an API request for a self-signing URL through embedded signing is available, which allows for the inclusion of extra fields.

EnvelopesViews: CreateRecipient

/restapi/v2.1/accounts/{accountId}/envelopes/{envelopeId}/views/recipient

This returns a URL that enables you to embed the recipient view of the DocuSign UI in your applications. If the recipient is a signer, then the view will provide the signing ceremony.

Best,

DocuSign Support

Hi @RafayK 

Thanks for your response. 

I am currently using  Docusign JS with focused view and the toolbar to add the tags isn’t being displayed. However, rendering the recipient view url in an iframe, displays the tags toolbar. Is there a way to get this to work with focused view?

I would recommend using the application without the focused view if you were able to achieve success with that approach.

If you continue to experience issues or need further assistance, I suggest opening a support case. This will allow us to analyze the logs in detail to diagnose and resolve the problem more effectively.

Best,

DocuSign Support