Skip to main content
Question

Excluded documents from visibility : ExcludedDocuments function in API not available in website ?

• 22 August 2024
  • 2 replies

Dear all, 

I search a way to notify automatically persons when an envelope is completed . These persons have no action in the signing process and I don’t want them having access to some documents. The Need

I have found the following info in How to set document visibility for envelope recipients | Docusign

Note: A document cannot be hidden from a recipient if the recipient has tabs assigned to them on the document. Carbon Copy, Certified Delivery (Needs to Sign), Editor, and Agent recipients can always see all documents, unless they are specifically excluded using the excludedDocuments property when an envelope is sent.

Is this property available in Docusign website ? 

If you have another idea, please share 

Olivier  

@Oli.M

Yes, you can configure document visibility for the “Receives a copy” recipients in the Docusign Web App. Simply uncheck the documents the CC Recipient should not have access to, see following screenshot:

I suggest to set up an envelope manually in the Docusign eSignature Web App and after it was sent, get the envelope information via API to see how this parameter is actually displayed in the JSON of the envelope. Then when creating the envelope, replicate the settings and test if the CC Recipient only gets the subset of documents selected.

I just downloaded the definition from the template, excludedDocuments refers to the document Id:

"carbonCopies":i
{
"agentCanEditEmail": "false",
"agentCanEditName": "false",
"excludedDocuments": t
"81250118"
],
"name": "",
"email": "",
"recipientId": "92104322",
"recipientIdGuid": "00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000",
"accessCode": "",
"requireIdLookup": "false",
"routingOrder": "3",
"note": "",
"roleName": "CC Recipient",
"completedCount": "0",
"deliveryMethod": "email",
"templateLocked": "false",
"templateRequired": "false",
"inheritEmailNotificationConfiguration": "false",
"recipientType": "carboncopy"
}
]

Hi @Oli.M,

If you’re developing an integration with Docusign, you can also use the Docusign Connect to retrieve envelope and recipient statuses through a webhook. For more details on that feature, please refer to the documentation found here and here. The last one shows you an example on how to implement and you have even a video with the step by step on how this feature works.

If you encounter any problem during its implementation, please contact us through the support portal and it will be a pleasure to help.

I hope the information above is helpful.

Best regards,

Leandro Reis