Skip to main content
Solved

Can we download the DocuSign Documents everything when the recipient is signed?

• 23 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I have scenario and I need to automate the process. Assume I have an envelope named checklist and has three signer with the signing order 1,2,3. Each time when the signer is signed I need to download the document in my local machine. For example if signer 1 is signed the document from the checklist envelop should be saved in my local as checklist_v1 and if signer 2 is signed the document from the checklist envelop should be saved in my local as checklist_v1 and so on.

I tried the flow with Power automate, we can only download the document only the entire envelope is completed. In this case all 3 signer has to sign then only we can get the document. Is there option that we can get it for each signer in power automate?

I am also happy to use DocuSign Signature Rest API to automate this process.

Thanks,

Nirmal.

@Nirmal

Yes, there is an option to achieve this by manually configuring the Connect configuration that Power Automate has created. Therefore, you need to go to the DocuSign eSignature Admin and look under Integrations → Connect.

Look the for configuration that was created by Power Automate → Actions → Edit

Scroll down to the Trigger Events and tick “Recipient Signed/Completed” and don’t forget to click on “Save Configuration” at the bottom of the page.

Your Power Automate flow will now be triggered, when a recipient has completed signing. The additional logic of saving it with the desired document name should not be too complex.

Be aware that if you edit the flow in Power Automate, especially adjusting the trigger step, this may override the DocuSign Connect configuration and you need to made the change it again. Unless you set up a Custom Connector in Power Automate and implement the additional connect options, this is a limitation that you need to understand.