Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I’ve implemented DocuSign in my Laravel application, and I’m currently using JWT Grant Authentication for sending documents to clients for signing. The integration is working fine, but I’ve encountered an issue: When I send envelopes with documents for clients to sign, initially, I have to manually provide consent via the DocuSign consent page.

Since my application is designed to function as a backend microservice that sends documents automatically via triggers, this manual consent process interrupts the flow. I’d like to ask if there’s a way to automate this consent process, so the documents can be sent without the need for manual intervention.

Is there any configuration or API feature that allows automatic consent or pre-authorization for the app, or any best practices around this when using DocuSign in such a backend service?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

Are you sending envelopes through a system sender user or do your users have docusign accounts and want to send through those named users accounts?

I am sorry, I am not sure I understand your question. However, I have created a Developer account and using the demo environment to test the process.

I am using this approach: https://www.docusign.com/blog/developers/send-document-laravel-jwt-grant-authentication

Thanks for the support.

Hello Mondeski,

If you have Admin Module, you can grant consent for all the users under the same organization as below:

https://developers.docusign.com/platform/auth/consent/obtaining-admin-consent-internal/#:~:text=To%20grant%20consent%20directly%20to%20an%20internal%20application%3A,from%20the%20drop%2Ddown%20menu.

Also, it is possible to automate the consent at the first access for specific senders if you run the URI consent on your backend or as a job for authentication. Another approach is to use a system sender (a user that will send envelopes on the behalf of all user of this account).

Thanks,

Thank you @Eduardo.Silva