Skip to main content

We are using only one document to request e-signatures from recipients. Why is it showing that I have exceeded the limit?

@irfan908

It looks like you are on a monthly plan with an envelope allowance of 10 envelopes per month. This allowance has already been used up in the current month.

The screenshot states that the envelope allowance will reset on 23rd March 2024. Then you be able to send 10 envelopes until it renews again on 23rd April 2024 and so on.

Thank you, Mrave.

How does the system calculate the envelope? If I request one signature from a recipient, is it counted as one envelope? I ask because I have sent one document to over 350 recipients for signature and another document to over 100 recipients for signature. How does the system calculate this? Please help me understand.

@irfan908

In DocuSign eSignature an envelope equals one transactions. Think of it like a stamp for traditional envelopes you can specify the recipients (up to 100), the documents (up to 130) and assign fields or other tasks for each recipient. The different recipient types “needs to sign” or “receives a copy” are not relevant here.

It count as one envelope, if you send a single document to a single person or send 3 documents to 4 different people for signature as long as they are part of one envelope transaction in DocuSign eSignature. Think of it, everytime you hit “Send” in DocuSign eSignature an envelope is created.

Unless you do BulkSend to mass send out documents, then every line in the CSV file equals to one envelope transaction, as an individual envelope will be created for each line and sent out separately. The resulting envelopes are not related to one another, but contain similar documents.

I am not sure how you sent a document to over 350 recipients, unless you used BulkSend, as you cannot add that number of recipients to a single envelope. The hard limit is 100, as I wrote in my initial statement.

Thank you, @Michael.Rave , for your prompt response.

Our team has integrated DocuSign with SharePoint. The HR department will raise a request in SharePoint with recipient details, and the system will send the template for signature. This way, we have sent over 350 recipients.

I’m on the monthly plan. I’ve attached a screenshot of the message that I’m getting on my home screen. It says “Your envelope sending has exceeded your subscription...” However, when I go to see how many envelopes I’ve sent in this pay-period, it’s only 6, which means that I have 4 left. - What’s up with that?

I upgraded my plan yesterday around 2:00 EST and show in reporting I have 50 docusign envelopes available ; however I can not access any.  I was first told it took 20 minutes for the system to recognize, then they said an hour, then a couple of hours, then it was billing address didn’t sync, then it was cache issue, so we cleared cache about 9 times through the last 20 hours and re-booted, then it was security alert in the system as a new user because I had used so many (50) the first day, then it was it could take up to 24 hours.  huh?  Anyone else have this issue?  Any ideas to resolve?

Same here: bought 70 envelopes to bulk send to 64 recipients. But I still cannot send the envelopes. It doesn't matter from which browser. Also: The support closed my ticket 13940133 immediately with no answer or solution.

I am currently on the trial plan and I am trying to send 1 document to 18 recipients, but  continue to get “recipient limit on envelope has been exceeded” error. How do I fix this?