Skip to main content
Whenever I type in a previously used colleague's name as a signer, an incorrect e-mail address come up. How do I correct this stored e-mail address?

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.   

I am sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with your contacts auto-filling incorrect contact details for your recipients. 

Have you confirmed that the right name and email are listed for the contact in My Preferences>Contacts? 

If it is but you are getting a different name and email populated in the recipient contact details of your envelope, I would suggest to start troubleshooting by confirming if the behavior is consistent across different networks, devices, and browsers. 

In case you might be referring to the contact details not reflecting accurately in your document fields unless you have enabled "Lock Recipient Names" in Settings>Signing Settings>Signature Adoption Configuration, the signer might be able to edit their name at the moment of adopting a signature. 

For more details on these topics, see: 

Manage Contacts 

Signing Options Limits 

Note: Some advanced features and options are supported only in certain DocuSign plans. Your account plan might not support some options discussed in this help topic.   

For more information about which options are available for your account, contact your account administrator. Or, visit our Plans and Pricing web page for more details on the features included with your plan.  

Compare eSignature plans & pricing  

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this.  

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!  

Best regards,  

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator  

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!  

LikeSelect as Best