Skip to main content

I need to write a work instruction for our clients (who do not have or want a DocuSign account) to sign envelopes through notification emails and can't find directions for this process (preferably with screen shots) anywhere. Help

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community. 

I understand that you are looking to send an envelope to someone that lacks an active DocuSign account and I will gladly share more details on the topic.

DocuSign does not require that signers own a DocuSign user in order to sign documents. As long as the "Disable recipient authentication for this account" option has been selected in Settings>Security Settings your signers will not be required to sign into a DocuSign user when accessing your envelopes.

For more details on this topic, see:

Authentication Settings

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

I'm sorry I failed to say that this is for a Part 11 compliant document that requires Authentication, I've seen the screens but can't access them because my computer has an account. I need to write work instructions for a no account user that has to provide Part 11 compliant authentication.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

Part 11 envelopes by default require the recipient to log in in order to access the envelope, in order to comply with government regulations.

DocuSign Support can look into disabling this requirement, although it is not recommended as it would make your account fall out of compliance with CFR Part 11.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!