Skip to main content

I just bought a personal plan after doing a trial. I tried sending my first template and it says that I’ve used all my envelopes. What are envelopes? And how did I use any if I just paid for a plan? I just have two documents I need to send out to people.

Hello, @alleycat1529 

You are welcome to the Docusign Community!

An envelope is like a container where you add your documents and signers. Every time that you need documents to be signed you need to send them inside an envelope.

If you just upgrade to a Personal Plan, perhaps the envelopes were not available yet to your use, on this case contact our Support team, open a ticket so they can verify what’s happened. Here the steps about how to open a support ticket:

https://support.docusign.com/s/articles/How-Do-I-Open-a-Case-in-the-DocuSign-Support-Center?language=en_US

A template is used to make easy the envelope’s sending process, thus if you created a template when you click in Use a template that means a template created by you will be used to send an envelope with documents.

Watch this video to see how to Send an Envelope:

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

Hello @alleycat1529 ,

If you found the provided response to be a useful solution to your question, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Best regards,

Nathaly | Docusign Community Moderator
"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!