Skip to main content

I’m trying to set up a envelope that requires a wet signature from one of the signers. I have done a test send and the recipient does not have the option to Print and Sign. Is there any settings that we need to activate? or any way to require a wet signature on a document via DocuSign?

@DarrylSankar

The “Print and Sign” functionality is what can be used to get a wet signature.

It may not be available depending on the actual settings on the envelope, e.g. the signature type, which does not allow the “Print and Sign” option to be present.

Can you share more details on how the envelope is configured? We may be able to pinpoint the feature which may be preventing this option.

I assume that you enabled under Sending settings “Allow recipients to sign on paper”? Without this the “Print and Sign” feature will is disabled for the account and explains the behaviour.

If they wet sign and reupload, will it be OCRed?

@Justin Jiang 

The uploaded document will be an attachment to the signed document. There will be no OCR at this point.

Hi @DarrylSankar,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!   

I have the same issue, but I do not see this option in settings. There is only an option to use mobile device. 

Hi @Amoe,

Thank you for making us aware of the issue.

DocuSign Support can assist in enabling the missing setting in your admin dashboard. To do so, please create a case and have a Support Expert look closely at your setup. 

https://support.docusign.com/en/contactSupport 

If you cannot open the case on the same page, you should scroll down to More Support Options and select "I can't reset my password or don't have an account." you will have the option of filling out the form or calling Support.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!