Skip to main content

Hi, I'm new to DocuSign, loving the premise of it, but not wanting to create additional work.  I'll list my proposed idea to show what I am wanting to do, but am open to achieving the same results with a different method.

What I want to do: I want to send to ~100 users every 3-4 weeks, each with a unique template, but don't want to send 100 different envelopes, I'd rather assign (via CSV or whatever) who gets what template and send all at once.  It's easy enough for me to get the list to send to, and look up to assign template names, etc. for each record.

Is this possible in DocuSign?  I couldn't find anything remotely close when messing around with sending documents and couldn't find anything in the community about doing this.

Thanks in advance!

https://support.docusign.com/en/guides/ndse-user-guide-multiple-recipient-bulk-send

Have you looked at DocuSign's bulk send feature already? I don't think there's a way to supply a list of templates in a CSV file anywhere. Do you really have 100 unique templates? If some recipients actually use the same template, bulk send could save you some time. If you're up for writing an integration with DocuSign API, that would probably work. I can't think of a solution here via the UI. Maybe someone else here will have the answer.  

Thanks again for your help NA1.  We're a medical school and have different hospital privilege paperwork to send depending on the doctor (we have hundreds of unique documents stored on the server that we have students fetch, sign and turn back in currently).  So while it may not always be 100 each month, it is rarely below 80; sometimes 2 or 3 students may be rotating with the same doctor.

We're in the process of setting up the templates, which most of the time is just a few pages of signing, and a few that require quizzes (which you helped me with immensely last week!).  So setting them up is a whole other beast to tackle, but one we're willing to take on if we can figure out a way to not spend a week sending out the envelopes each month 🙂.

I've somewhat solved the problem, and it came from researching more into the APIs that you suggested.

I can create a Power Form which provides me a link.  I can either have the users fetch the link that they need (instead of the PDF files they currently fetch), or I can just send a mass email (easy enough through excel) with the needed link.  Then the users will be able to use the link to access the template associated with the link.

Thanks for getting me steered in the right direction, once again you've made DocuSign a little easier for me!