Skip to main content

Wondering how can someone verify that another person did indeed sign the document with an electronic signature.  Situation is document is claimed to be sign and shows electronic signature.  No where on the doc does it show date or time of signature.  The certificate of completion provides date and time but this deal was allegedly happening at 9am and less than 6 hours later different order was signed for different company.  No problems with the 2nd but other party claims it is his signature even though no confirmation of completion was ever received by DocuSign.  

Thoughts?  

Hi @Randall,

Welcome to the Docusign Community!

We are glad to have you here and can't wait to help share as much knowledge as possible.

I understand that you are looking to proof that a signature was forged used Docusign, and I provide you with the best options to address the issue.

In most legal contexts, a simple “electronic signature” will not be taken as valid, as this doesn’t proof the recipient’s identity.

For most high value transactions, you will be required to use a Digital Signature, which includes an extra recipient verification step.

For more details on this topic, see:

What is the difference between a Digital Signature and an Electronic Signature | Docusign

Are Electronic Signatures Safe?

If the signature in question was not a Digital Signature, its validity can be easily contested in court.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using Docusign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards,

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator  

Please click "Best Answer" below if you find my reply to be a valid solution to your issue!

Hi @Randall,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!