Skip to main content

When I initiate a new signing, my username isn’t displayed on the email.  It’s supposed to say “Mary Golding via DocuSign” but just displays the docusign email address.  If I resend the same envelope, void, correct or delete it, the username is displayed correctly.  See the email inbox screenshot.  

I’ve reached out to tech support multiple times and they have no resolution. 

Hello, @Mary.Golding 

You're welcome to the Docusign Community!

What about the notification email sent to the signers? What's shows up in the FROM: field in the email?

If responding me, use @ plus my name so I'll be not.

Best, 

Alexandre 

This behavior is the same for all of my recipients.  My testing is from mary.golding@akgre.com (company) to my personal mary@golding.com  so they are different but just have the same name.

@Alexandre.Augusto  

@Alexandre.Augusto 

If I expand the email header it does appear correct coming from Mary Golding but you have to open and expand the header.  See…

Hello, @Mary.Golding 

I get it.

The solution for that is described in this article:

https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=rrf1583359212854&topicId=wyd1623785598511.html&_LANG=enus

If you decide to follow the articles instructions then you will need open a Support case to get help:

https://support.docusign.com/s/contactSupport?language=en_US

I hope that helps!

Best,

Alexandre

@Alexandre.Augusto  Thank you. 

I’ve been down this road numerous times with tech support always defaulting to this article. My account is a generic realtor account. There is no custom email domain or a custom email address.  It’s not applicable.  Also, in the admin interface there isn’t even a “features” option on my account to try and create a subdomain. 

See. There’s no custom domain

When I first opened the account it worked and was showing the default behavior but now it doesn’t on the initial envelope. 

Also, this is a fairly new account for me and is on DSE_NA4.  My old account that was affiliated with another company used to be on DSE_NA2 and had no issues.  Not sure if that has any relevance between the systems. 

Also, my husband just created an entirely new DocuSign account using a generic gmail address that has never been on the DocuSign platform to help test it for me.  It’s exhibiting the exact same behavior.  The initial envelope doesn’t show the user account name as entered in the settings.  This has be something DocuSign would put on their radar?   The default behavior isn’t working. 

@Alexandre.Augusto 

Any luck on this one?  It’s really baffling and my clients keep asking if it’s a valid document since my name isn’t appearing when I start and envelope so it’s really interfering with workflow. 

Thank you!!

@Alexandre.Augusto 

Still nothing? 

Hello @Mary.Golding 

Sorry, I was in PTO.

The only solution that I know is that provide in this article:
https://support.docusign.com/s/document-item?language=en_US&rsc_301&bundleId=rrf1583359212854&topicId=wyd1623785598511.html&_LANG=enus

I know you already contact our support, however they are the channel to provide a solution or workaround if available.

Sorry for not being helpful on this case. Perhaps you could post again your question in the Community then someone else might have a suggestion.

Hi @Mary.Golding,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested or if the information that was provided was useful.

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.

Not resolved. 

Hi @Mary.Golding,

I hope you are doing well, have you created a case with Docusign Support?

Best regards,

Christopher | Docusign Community Moderator

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue.