Skip to main content

I am trying to create a document to be signed by up to 40 partners. I need their signatures ON THE SAME DOCUMENT. It is possible that some of them will miss the deadline and we will have to submit the document without their signature. How do I create and send a document to be signed that will then integrate all the signatures into a single list at the end of the document, without gaps for those who have not signed?

The way that I would handle that is to send it in a single envelope with 40 recipients in the same routing order. When the deadline arrives, you just correct the envelope to remove any partners that have not yet signed and then let the envelope complete. You will not want to have an expiration date at the same time as the deadline, as you might risk voiding the envelope with all of the signatures that were already posted. Also, I would leverage heavy reminders to get the highest participation possible. 

How do you set the routing order?

I ought to have said thank you for your reply first, I am sorry, I am just trying to figure this out