Skip to main content

When I use the text box, I am careful to align words and margins so that my text flows normally and the text ends appropriately and not in the middle of a company etc.  When it gets to the signers. it has changed from what I entered. Why?

EXAMPLE ONLY

should look like- ahfkhf;ahf;sf   aksfh;sfh;  iasd;IEHF;EHFOGHSAKD LKALSHKS lfsif;ljgldslLFJOE   ASKDJoihdejf'lef'lfjslf;skd jflfsljfl and ABC Company Inc.

I get-  ahfkhf;ahf;sf   aksfh;sfh;      iasd;IEHF;EHFOGHSAKD LKALSHKS lfsif;ljgldsldjLFJOE         ASKDJoihdejf'lef'lfjslf;skd jflfsljfl and       ABC

Company Inc.  (it moves the rest of the name down and creates bigger spaces in the sentence) 

I was able to replicate your issue but also able to find a resolution. My first suggestion is to always use the "Recipient Preview", which will actually show you what the end result of your text will look like in the document the Recipient receives.  Next, if you notice that in the Recipient Preview that the text looks incorrect as to where it is in relation to the text box you dropped and filled onto the document, it may be due to cut/paste formatting.  The resolution I used was to use the "Add Text" box on the right field control panel to manipulate the text and not the text box dropped onto the document.  I noticed when I pasted the text example in your original post that the "Add Text" on the right had line breaks that differed from the text box. After editing the "Add Text" then Previewing again the text alignment was much better, removing unecessary tabs, spaces etc.  

how do I get ot Recepient Preview. Can't find that.

The "Recipient Preview" button is in the upper right of the screen when you are in the field placement screen of either Sending an Envelope or in Template creation.  

yeah I dont think we have that.  I know we have come across a few things that werent included with our "package" amd maybe that is one of them.  But thank you so much for your responses.