Skip to main content

I am creating a template that has a few different things going on it and having multiple problems. I am using the bulk send feature and uploading a CSV file and it is requiring some information that I can’t figure out how to change.  I have not done this in a year and didn’t have to do this last year.

1. I have radio boxes that are for voting.  it has a group name and conditional field. It is requiring me to include that group name as part of my CSV file.  I have it set up exactly as last year and it didn’t require it last year.
  2. The conditional fields are for checkboxes to be checked if one of radio boxes is checked. It wants me to provided information for the checkboxes in the CSV file also.
  3. I have a text block that just needs to have a word in it that does not change.  I could put this in the CSV file if necessary but I didn’t have to last year.
  4. I have 2 text blocks for the signer to fill out if it applies to them.  There is no conditional field for this.  It is up to the signer.  Again, it wants something in the CSV for it.
  5. I have a document upload option for the signer to use if it applies to them.  There is no conditional field for this.  It is up to the signer.  Again, it wants something in the CSV for it.

I have done this more than once, so I am not a newbie, but I only do it once a year. I have been unable to find a customer support number to call and when I tried to use the support tab it wants me to tell it my CLM and log in but tells me I can’t. I have not ideea what CLM we are using either.  Just basic docusign from what I understand.

Please help.  Of course I am on a timeline.

Thanks!

Lee

@LHaslitt - What is the problem you are experiencing? Have you downloaded the Sample CSV from your current template?  The only thing that is required is the Name and Email address of the recipients and any Envelope Custom Fields.

@JohnSantos The sample CSV shows it needs every text block, radio button and checkbox.  We are using this as a proxy vote so I have only ever uploaded name, email and number of shares.

@LHaslitt - Yes, the sample CSV will include all columns.   You can delete everything but the name, email and number of shares.   Name and Email address of the recipients is the only required one. 

Ok, New problem.  I have done all the radio and check boxes in the template.  When I go to use it they are not there anymore.  Why?

@LHaslitt - Were you modifying an envelope and not a template?   I used to make that mistake a lot.  😁

@JohnSantos I am clicking the use button and then advanced edit to get the bulk sender option, I click on bulk send, upload the CSV file and then press send. At this point it is giving me a yield sign with envelope entries errors and Bulk List columns. If I accept those it then wants me to redo all the fields.

Is that not the correct way to do it anymore?  

I am obviously doing something wrong but I don’t know what.

Is there a customer service number where I can speak to someone?

@LHaslitt - Can you share some screenshots?  You can Open a Support Case here.

@JohnSantos I am unable to open a support case. It is giving me an unable to log in error when I try.  

I’ll get screen shots.

What other items would you like to see a screen shot of? @JohnSantos 

@LHaslitt - Your CSV will also need to have the Name and email address of the Shareholder role.   All names and emails are required on a Bulk Send CSV.

This is my sample CSV file.

@LHaslitt - You also need to add a column for Shareholder;;Name and Shareholder::Email if it is part of the template.

@JohnSantos I have put in a support ticket.  I was able to get in touch with Austin, our former account rep.  He did a zoom screenshare with me and thinks everything I have done is correct.  He thinks an enhancement has messed with it.

Thank you for trying to help!

Hi @LHaslitt,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find.

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | Docusign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!