Skip to main content

HR are wanting to send out our employment packs in Docusign and then at the end in the section below "Team Leader notification" we want the Team Leader to just receive the message but not the signed documentation with employee details. Do you know from the drop down list if there is another option to send them just the message without the new starter documents and employment pack included? i.e "update recipients or something else?"... happy to explain further

I just want the Team Leader to know that the new employee has completed the intake documents, but because that information is sensitive, I don't want them seeing the documents themselves.

Hi @Jacqua622 !

I don’t think Recipient Roles would be a good solution, since they’ll received the complete envelope e-mail with all information.

I think the best solution to you is use a feature called Document Visibility. If you send an envelope containing multiple files and you want to control which files each recipient sees, you can use document visibility to accomplish this. A common scenario is you want recipients to see only those files which they need to sign. With document visibility, you can create one envelope with files intended for individual recipients, rather than having to create a separate envelope for each recipient.

Before we continue, it’s important to mention that Document Visibility must be enabled for your account by your DocuSign eSignature Admin, and it’s not available to all account plans.

To better understand this feature, please visit these articles below:

Set Document Visibility

Some Things To Know About Document Visibility

Hello @Jacqua622,

There is a feature in the Settings page (Admin area) called “Document Visibility”

By default is Off (Disabled)

For your use case, I’d set like this: see the figure below

Must Sign to View, unless sender

After saving this setting, create a new Envelope, add the recipients (signers), add the Team Leader and change de Action for Receive a Copy

On the document, DO NOT ADD any type of field to the Team Leader so he will no see the documents, but only receives a notification when the envelope is completed. It would be good you set a Signing Order then put the Team Leader as the last one.

In the right panel under Documents, click on the little gear, select Document Visibility, uncheck all checkboxes except one checkbox because is mandatory a recipient to see at least one document, add an additional document, for example a document with just one blank page or a page with something written: Process Finished or whatever do you think would be good as a notification  for the Team Leader as this example below where Luke is the team leader all documents he cannot see have the checkbox unchecked except the last one, a document with a blank page.

Click on DONE then send your envelope. 

I hope that solves your use’s case. If so, I’d appreciate your Like and mark this as the “Best Answer”.

Thank you!

Alexandre

Thank you so much Alexandre I will give this a go and provide feedback. Cheers

Hi @Jacqua622,

I hope you are doing well.

I would like to confirm if you were able to solve your issue by utilizing the solution that was suggested? 

If so, please mark it as the best answer by clicking “Select as Best” to make it easier for other users to find

Otherwise, feel free to let me know and I will gladly help you address the situation as soon as possible.

Best regards,   

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator   

"Select as Best" below if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!