Skip to main content
Suddenly I am password protected when trying to uploand and send documents. And, when I receive signed documents, they are also password portected when I try to forward the documents. I have no idea why this is happening. I need to get signed contracts!

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out here in the DocuSign Community.  

I am sorry to hear that your documents are being password protected, but I will gladly share more information regarding how our application behaves in this scenario.

By default, DocuSign eSignature does not password-protect documents uploaded to an envelope.

In my experience, this usually happens externally to our application, and in some cases such as that of iOS users could come from a specific way to handle documents.

Feel free to let us know if you need further assistance with this. 

Thank you for using DocuSign, we hope you have a wonderful rest of your day! 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue! 

Thank you for your quick reply. I'll check my computer for password protection.

Thank you.

I am not operating DocuSign from my phone.

Hi,

Thank you for following up.

I understand your concern, however, DocuSign eSignature lacks the capability of password-protecting documents.

This leads me to believe that your documents are being password protected externally from our application without necessarily relating the device being used as the root cause of the issue.

Please don't hesitate in letting me know if you have any other questions or concerns and I will address them as soon as possible. 

Best regards, 

Alejandro R. | DocuSign Community Moderator 

"Select as Bestbelow if you find the answer a valid solution to your issue!